Please subscribe to our mailing list or follow our social media pages to be notified of upcoming workshops and events.
Please also view our events page.
Spectrum's 2021 Conference and Workshops
Complexities in Personality Disorder:A Mentalization–Based Treatment (MBT) Approach - 1st October 2021 (In person and online!)
Post-Conference Online Workshops:
MBT for Antisocial Personality Disorder - 5th October 2021
MBT for BPD - 6th & 7th October 2021
More info under News
Our fee-based training calendar provides family and clinician workshops on the following topics either online or face to face:
- Foundation training for working with people with borderline personality disorder (BPD)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy for BPD (Introduction, In Action, Family Intervention, Private Practice, Intermediate)
- Acceptance & commitment therapy for BPD
- Mentalization-based treatment for BPD
- Office-based treatment of people with BPD for GPs and psychiatrists
- Psychoanalytic clinic symposium
- Working with crises associated with BPD
- Question and answer sessions on various topics.
- Learning more about BPD: A workshop for families and friends (not for clinicians).
Who should attend
Our clinical workshops are primarily intended for mental health clinicians and other professionals working with people who have personality disorders. Our family workshops are for family, friends and carers who provide care and support in a voluntary capacity to those experiencing BPD.
Online/Face to face
In the first half of the year due to the uncertainty of COVID-19 restrictions, all workshops are online (except for 'Learning more about BPD: A workshop for family and friends'). All workshops in the second half of the year are face to face unless otherwise specified. If a workshop is not able to proceed face to face due to COVID-19 restrictions, it will revert to an online training course.
Half-day workshops cost $110, 1 day workshops cost $220 and 2 day workshops cost $440 (GST inclusive) unless otherwise specified. The workshop 'Learning more about BPD: A workshop for family and friends' is $10.
If you are an Eastern Health clinician a 50% discount applies. Workshops are free for Turning Point and Spectrum clinicians. Please seek approval from your manager to attend and then email spectrumTregister@easternhealth.org.au to receive the discount.
Venue for face to face workshops
110 Church Street Richmond Victoria 3121
Enquiries: (03) 8413 8750 or spectrumTregister@easternhealth.org.au